We are a Non-denominational, New Testament patterned Christian Church which gathers at the Christian Fellowship Centre, Wellawatte, Colombo 6. Our statement of faith is the Holy Bible. Worship of God is our passion. While subscribing to Protestant Orthodox Christianity in doctrine we see the need to stay clear of man-made rules and traditions in our service to God. Our activities are based on the pattern of the New Testament church as in Acts 2:42 and the Great Commission as found in Matthew 28:19 & 20. Worship and Breaking of Bread service, Prayer, Bible study and Gospel services are held on a weekly basis at the Christian Fellowship Centre. Ministry among children is conducted through Sunday school.
It all began in 1941 when late Mr. E. C. de Alwis (the first Sri Lankan harbour engineer) and his wife came to know the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour at a house meeting in Mt. Lavinia. Soon afterwards they began to gather for Bible studies at their own home at Wellawatte with a few others, helped by an evangelist from Chennai, India who visited them from time to time. The Lord brought many people to a saving knowledge of Him and they started gathering on Sundays for worship and Breaking of bread. In 1952 or there about, Bro. Bakht Sing of India visited this group of believers and his visit resulted in the growth of this group of believers in New Testament Church vision. Dedicated services of many saw this work of God established as an indigenous New Testament Church and in 1956 the gathering place was moved into the present premises of our own from rented facilities. Known for its faithful Bible preaching and teaching of true and balanced doctrines the Church at the Christian Fellowship Centre has grown in its ministry, reaching out to many parts of the country where local Churches are now established on the New Testament principles.